- WHAT: Group piano class for adults at Skyview Music Studio, 26 Skyview Circle in Meredith, New Hampshire
- WHEN: Tuesdays at 10am: Starting in February, exact date tbd.
- WHO: This is a class for adults with time available on Tuesday mornings who want to learn to play the piano. If you’ve never played piano before, or if you had lessons as a child but haven’t played for decades, this class will get you playing right away!
- HOW: With the Simply Music Piano method, you will learn to play great songs in different styles without having to learn to read music. Also, you’ll learn to play accompaniments to songs you know, and you’ll compose and improvise your own music.
- Are group lessons effective? Piano is traditionally taught in private lessons, so people tend to assume that group lessons won’t be as effective. In fact, the opposite is true. Students learn a lot from observing each other in a shared lesson environment. They are more likely to keep up their practicing because they want to move on with the group.
- Are there advantages to learning in a group? I’ve been teaching adults in private lessons and shared lessons for 8 years, and I’ve found that students make faster progress in group lessons. I also feel it can be more fun for me and the students. I realize some people are self-conscious about being in a group as an adult beginner, but actually, a group situation can take the pressure off! In a group, you’re not always on the spot; sometimes you get to watch someone else try first.
- Does everyone in the group need to have their own keyboard in the lesson? No. We will use one piano, and occasionally one or two extra keyboards. At the free introductory session, I will provide more details on how group lessons work. All students must have a keyboard or piano to practice on at their home.
How to Enroll
The first class meeting will be a free introductory session where you’ll find out all you need to know about Simply Music Piano before you make the decision to sign up. The class costs $75 per month. Classes are once a week. There may be 3, 4, or 5 classes in a month, but the fee is the same. I’m not teaching in July and August, so the class will take a break for those months and start up again in September. I ask students to pay the minimum of one month’s fee at the beginning of each month. But I’m looking for students who are willing to commit for a few months at least: learning piano takes time, and the course I’m offering will take you as far as you want to go on your wonderful musical journey! My students love learning to play with the Simply Music method; playing the piano can add happiness to your life!
If you are interested, please contact me, and I will reserve a spot for you at the free introductory session!